[NA-Discuss] NomCom 2014

Houle Louis Louis.Houle at isocquebec.org
Tue Jan 14 18:57:08 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Apologies for yesterday's meeting, I could not understand Garth's
question well (my fault) and I gave you a misleading  answer and
incomplete report. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is an update on NomCom 2014 that might be more useful. See below
the 2014 Open Positions

*November at ICANN 48 in Buenos Aires*
NomCom meets with the Fellowship Program participants, the ccNSO
council, ATRT2 and  ALAC.
NomCom Public Forum on the 20th

Kick Start Session on Friday 22 and Saturday 23 November.
Invited Speakers:
Fadi Chehadé, ICANN President and CEO
Board Governance Committee
Steve Crocker, Chair ICANN Board of Directores
John Jeffrey  ICANN General Counsel

During the kick Start Session, we went through the following Items:
1-Organizational Chart of ICANN/Contact List
2-Code of Conduct/Conflict of Interest
3- Procedures/Guidelines
4- NomCOm 2013 Recommandations
5-Skill Sets (Board, SO/AC)
6- 2014 Open Position/Draft SOI
7- Timetable
8-Wiki

NomCom 2014 will have to select:
Two members of the ICANN Board of Directors - 3 year terms
Two members of  the  ALAC, one each from Europe and  North America
regions, 2 year terms
One member from the GNSO Council, 2 year term
One member from the ccNSO Organization, 3 year term

Please also find enclosed the NomCom Presentation for outreach.

As mentioned yesterday, December Report Card has been handed to you and
I will come back to you soon with SOI and Wiki details, and January
Report Card.

Have a nice day

Louis Houle
Président
Société Internet du Québec - ISOC Québec
Louis.Houle at isocquebec.org
www.isocquebec.org
Visitez le www.naralo.org