[NA-Discuss] FW: CALL FOR CONSENSUS: Leave of Absence (as discussed on NARALO call Monday)

Allan Skuce a.skuce at avpbc.com
Thu Dec 11 09:23:44 UTC 2014

From: Allan Skuce
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:07 AM
To: Alan Greenberg
Cc: ICANN At-Large Staff; askuce at uniserve.com
Subject: RE: [NA-Discuss] CALL FOR CONSENSUS: Leave of Absence (as discussed on NARALO call Monday)

We consent. Allan Skuce, PCNA
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org <na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:33 AM
To: Garth Bruen; na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org

Garth,

Your absence will be felt but I am sure that all of NARALO wishes you well.

As I noted on the NARALO call on Monday, to take effect, we do need
the formal approval of NARALO. To avoid taking a vote, we need the
e-mail the approval of at least 16 ALSes.

In voicing your support, please give the name of the ALS which you represent.

Alan (speaking as the NARALO "rules guy")

At 10/12/2014 10:57 AM, Garth Bruen wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>Due to a death and now a serious illness in my immediate family I am unable
>to devote the time and attention to NARALO matters that the region deserves.
>For this reason I am requesting a temporary leave of absence from my duties
>as NARALO Chair.
>
>My proposed schedule would be to suspend my role as chair beginning after
>the 8 December 2014 monthly NARALO teleconference and then resuming upon the
>13 April 2015 monthly NARALO call.
>
>Due to this request, arrangements for substitute leadership will be needed.
>Based on consensus among NARALO leadership, my recommendation is for NARALO
>Secretariat Evan Leibovitch to assume the temporary role of Acting NARALO
>chair and for Judith Hellerstein to serve in the temporary role of Acting
>Secretariat.
>
>In previous discussions, Judith was to serve in the exploratory role of
>"Vice Chair," an unofficial position. As part of the role of Vice Chair, the
>assignment would require assuming leadership duties including conducting
>NARALO activity coordination, managing monthly teleconferences, and
>representing the region at the next ICANN meeting.
>
>To enable Judith to perform these duties I request that staff ensure that
>travel sponsorship allocated to the NARALO be transferred to the Judith
>Hellerstein for this meeting.
>
>All of the above requests are subject to regional consensus.
>
>Sincerely, Garth Bruen
>

>------
>NA-Discuss mailing list
>NA-Discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org