[NA-Discuss] OFFTOPIC Fwd: Name.com hijacking subdomains

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Mar 7 01:54:33 UTC 2013

> John, I believe Name.com is also a Registrar.

Yes, they are.  But so what?

DNS hosting is a separate service unrelated to any agreement they have
with ICANN.  If the customers are unhappy with the service, they can go
elsewhere.  This isn't like sitefinder, it's just a random low-cost
hosting company doing random low-cost hosting things.

R's,
John