[NA-Discuss] Idn advice from apralo

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Wed Mar 6 22:27:40 UTC 2013

> Apralo has clarified its statement in the objected IDN, the intended vote was "NO" on forwarding the IDN objection.

Having done internationalization and localization in Asian languages
since the mid-80s, I'm concerned by the claim that the Han Script IDN
does not, to a reasonable person literate in Chinese, mean ".health"

So I asked.

The GAC rep. from the PRC is of the view that the IDN means ".health".

The World Health Organization's Director General's office has made the
same determination -- that the IDN to be ".health".

I reiterate that objecting to the Han Script application is prudent,
and substantial support for objection will be submitted to Dev's
group, and Dev, by mid-day tomorrow.

Eric