[NA-Discuss] Domain hijacking story

Seth M Reiss seth.reiss at lex-ip.com
Mon Jun 17 21:16:06 UTC 2013

I think the Wikipedia item needs updating but I am not the one to do it.
Consider, that we do not have laws for the theft of a wallet, a cell phone,
a sailboat, etc., we have a law against theft.  Society has always been slow
to accept that pre-Internet laws can sometimes work well for post-Internet
property if one is not afraid -  now that many judges grew up in the
Internet age, they are less afraid.  We also have quite a number of new laws
that are aimed at domain names and data hijacking.