[NA-Discuss] The status of ALSes

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sat Jun 8 13:45:28 UTC 2013

hi,

Interesting exercise.    And a useful one if we ever start to have a discussion on ALS voting for Board seats.

Is there a chart of which ALS have been active etc..

I think it would be good to see a list that covered issues like:

- when accepted to by ralo
- active/not active
- notification of date informed of inactive status
- votes participated in
- number of members
- representative name
- alternate representative (if we have such a notion)

Or do we already have something like this and I just have not looked in the right place.

As for how each of the ALS organizes itself internally, and the means by which they make decisions regarding ALS stuff, I tend towards subsidiarity.

Except of course for the individuals-ALS, their processes for self organization and decision making should be discussed by the RALO generally, though I do think it should be their decision which the RALO vets.

avri