[NA-Discuss] REMINDER: Call for Membership of New ICANN Meeting Strategy Working Group - DEADLINE: 3 March
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Feb 25 23:49:46 UTC 2013
As announced<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-11feb13-en.htm> on 11 February, ICANN has committed to identifying ICANN Meeting locations two years in advance. After consideration that adoption of a prior Consolidated Meetings Strategy proposal was not timely, the Public Participation Committee (PPC) initiated work to create a working group to address the meeting location strategy which was presented to the ICANN Board for approval in February 2013.
In line with the Board resolution<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-02feb13-en.htm#2.a> adopted on February the 2nd 2013, ICANN is creating a new Meeting Strategy Working Group<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/participation/mswg> (MSWG) and now invites interested individuals to apply for Volunteer Member positions - in representation of a Supporting Organization or Advisory Committee - to serve on the Meeting Strategy Working Group.
The mandate and Mission of Meeting Strategy Working Group as defined in the MSWG Charter is as follows: to discuss and propose strategy for the structure, purpose and locations for ICANN Public Meetings and conferences, starting in 2015.
Candidatures will be accepted until Sunday, 3 March 2013 - 23:59 UTC.
How to Apply
How to Apply for the Position of Volunteer Member for the MSWG
Interested individuals are invited to provide the following:
* A resume (maximum three pages);
* A letter of motivation;
* A Declaration of Interests (the template may be found at: http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/participation/mswg/coi-declaration-affirmation-14feb13-en.pdf [PDF, 34 KB])
* The Supporting Organization or Advisory Committee he/she wishes to represent;
* Any additional information the Support Organization or Advisory Committee may require to reach its decision on endorsement. Candidatures will be forwarded to the Supporting Organization (SO) or Advisory Committee (AC) identified by the applicant, for endorsement. SO/AC endorsement will be factored into the selection process;
Candidatures should be emailed to mswgcandidatures at icann.org<mailto:mswgcandidatures at icann.org> (please cc to staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>)
The list of all candidates will be published on the ICANN website.
* Call for Applicants<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/participation/mswg/call-for-volunteers-11feb13-en.htm>
Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine, and Julia Charvolen
ICANN Policy Staff in support of the ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
More information about the NA-Discuss