[NA-Discuss] Travel Issues Sub-Report and China Visa

Garth Bruen gbruen at knujon.com
Mon Feb 18 16:01:49 UTC 2013

Hello all,

As we get China visa deadlines I have been relaying a number of questions to
constituency travel. The NARALO Chair sub-report on Travel Issues has been
moved and updated:
https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Chair+Reports+on+Travel+As
sistance+2013

If you have additional concerns please forward them to me and I will bundle
them with the other questions and share the responses with the group.

In general it appears that the deadline for submitting your visa application
is THIS WEEK in order to comply with ICANN's timeline. However, there are
still some unanswered questions concerned the details of the visa
application itself which I am trying to clarify with CT. Unfortunately, the
answer to two questions from a NARALO member were met with "Please see the
CT Application Form guide in the email" - the answers were not in there
which is why they were asked in the first place.

Most importantly, the application "package" requires hotel confirmation. If
you are like me, you do not in fact have a hotel confirmation in your
itinerary, only hotel information. Will this be enough? Has anyone received
more specific confirmation?

With the narrow timeframe for obtaining the visa, paired with the amount of
detail required, there seems to be a number of things which can go wrong.

-Garth

-------------------------------------

Garth Bruen
gbruen at knujon.com