[NA-Discuss] [ALAC-Internal] New York Times article about the new gTLDs

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Tue Aug 20 15:10:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

a. Dyson is in the bubble, just the older side of the bubble - she is a creator whose creation did not turn out the way she wanted it to.  ICANN is her Frankenstein's monster.

b. the FTC assumes that commerce is the only form of success.

Many of us don't see scrambling for gross profits from new gTLDs as a form of success,
We want community support mechanisms for all sort of communities.

But of course ICANN BoardSrStaff continues to deprecate community applications for worship of the golden calf and the big money applicants they hope will fill their coffers with lucre.

ICANN BoardSrStaff made it as hard as possible for communities to apply, and if they did apply are doing their utmost to keep them from succeeding at their applications.

avri