[NA-Discuss] 2nd revision of NARALO Operating Procedures

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Fri Aug 9 14:55:40 UTC 2013

Refresh my memory.  I had thought that we had come to a consensus that our three ALAC members would be the tie breakers for Secretariat/Chair.  Also, under the proposed wording, what if the tie is the Chair position?  The existing Chair can't really cast the additional vote then.

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] on behalf of Alan Greenberg [alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:48 PM
To: NA-Discuss
Subject: [NA-Discuss] 2nd revision of NARALO Operating Procedures

Based on comments, I have made a few more changes. These are shown in BLUE.

12/13. Normal procedure in the ALAC is now to hold secret votes for
elections/selections that are contended. The changes to 12 and 13
allow the NARALO to do this as well. This is in fact how we have been
operating, so the change just ratifies our existing behavior.

16. Correct and error that said a suspended ALS could regain their
active status by voting, but voting is the thing they are not allowed
to do if inactive. Also added a provision whereby NARALO can request
the the ALAC de-certify an essentially defunct ALS. The ALAC would
still need to conduct due diligence, so the procedures in NARALO do
not need to be exceedingly detailed.

Last call for additional issues?

Alan