[NA-Discuss] Voting None of the Above Re: …
kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:39:41 UTC 2012
At the risk at getting embroiled in pointless name-calling, John I think
you are demonstrating precisely the mindset that is behind the reason that
only one person is standing for each of the four positions.
So here are some questions:
* How many NARALO members are there?
* How many ALSes in North America are there?
* How many individuals are subscribed to this mailing list?
* What is the subscribe/unsubscribe rate of the list each month for the
past six months?
* How many individuals engage on this mailing list?
* Is there an NARALO Facebook page?
* Is there an NARALO Twitter presence?
* Is there a NARALO newsletter? How many are subscribed to it?
* Is there a NARALO summary of events for members for ICANN Prague?
These are basic questions, basic steps for a grassroots organization. And
they all cost $0.
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM, John R. Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:
> Has anyone considered that the reason only one person is standing for each
>> of four posts is that no one outside this small group is actually aware of
>> the election?
> Pretty sure that's not it.
> Or that because there is such little effort to engage broadly that they
>> don't see any good reason to put themselves forward?
> Don't think that's it either.
> Will you all *please* consider that you are supposed to be representing
>> the Internet users of the whole of North America - millions of people -
>> within a crucial Internet body.
> With a $0 budget. Get real.
> John Levine, johnl at iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
> Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. http://jl.ly
More information about the NA-Discuss