[NA-Discuss] Withdrawal for Nomination for Secretariat

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Wed Jul 18 04:31:46 UTC 2012

Glenn,

You are a very important member of our community and I totally support you for the Nomcom position (I speak here personally and not in any official sence).  Good luck!

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] on behalf of Glenn McKnight [mcknight.glenn at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:16 PM
To: na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: [NA-Discuss] Withdrawal for Nomination for Secretariat

Hi All
I am formally withdrawing from the self-nomination for  NARALO  Secretary
but  I will self nominate myself again for NOMCOM.

As I mentioned in passing the NomCom process has been quite challenging
this round due a host of reasons that I am not able to disclose. It's
critical that the  NomCom members understand that ALAC is important in the
Stakeholder model and our voice has the community interest at heart and as
the NARALO  member I have made extra efforts to educate the various members
and ALAC members too that we need to project a professional image and
presence in the decision making process. A couple of weeks ago this would
not be my choice but upon reflection I think my contribution is important
to keep the balance.

Thanks for the support

Glenn

--