[NA-Discuss] IMPORTANT - NARALO Elections

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Jul 8 22:30:27 UTC 2012

I am currently the Unaffiliated Individuals Representative. Eric
resigned as an unaffiliated member of the RALO some time ago.

The Rules of Procedure call for the Rep to be selected whenever an
ALAC member is selected (except in unusual cases, annually).

I am willing to serve again.

The rules say "selected" instead of "elected" for both this
representative and other roles including ALAC members. So a formal
election vote is not required, but some method of determining
consensus is (which of course could be a formal vote if a position is
contested and consensus is not possible).

Alan