[NA-Discuss] Community questions for the Chair and ALAC nominees

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Wed Aug 8 12:30:49 UTC 2012

On 8/7/12 1:56 PM, Thompson, Darlene wrote:
> My question to all that are running would be:  Each one of you has had a specific focus and/or expertise in your prior NARALO participation.  How will you ensure that, should you become elected, you will provide well-rounded leadership in a wide variety of issues that you may not have been involved in previously?

Collegiality.  The set of individuals who compose the ALAC changes
over time, and many bring with them years of prior work in technical
and policy areas, and with that experience, subject matter expertise.

The service of each is voluntary, uncompensated, without material
interest and therefore, conflicts of interest.

Absent regard for others as colleges and the commitments of each to
contribute to network policy through the advice process during their
limited tenures, there is no means to provide the advise to the
corporation board for which the ALAC was created.

Eric