[NA-Discuss] Volunteer for DSSA WG

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Fri Sep 2 13:14:37 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Eric Brunner-Williams has stepped down as one of North America's reps on the DSSA working group (https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/DSSA+WG+-+At-Large+Members).  We had two reps on this working group - the other is John Levine who is now our ONLY rep.

Therefore, we are looking for SOIs from someone else from North America to participate in this working group along with John.  Please see the e-mail thread below for qualifications for same.  If you are interested in joining this group, please send your SOI to the NARALO list for consideration.  Please note that even if you receive NARALO's backing to become a member of this group, NARALO can only nominate you.  It is up to the ALAC to accept (or not) any nomination we forward to them.

I will keep the group posted on this and, depending on how many applications I receive, we can decide who to nominate.

Thanks!

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson at gov.nu.ca<mailto:dthompson at gov.nu.ca>

From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond [mailto:ocl at gih.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:14 AM
To: Thompson, Darlene; Beau Brendler
Cc: ICANN AtLarge Staff
Subject: Fwd: ACTION: Call for RALO Volunteers for Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group open through 20 January

Dear Darlene,

further to my earlier message, FYI - this message below contains the membership criteria for DSSA-WG.
May I please remind you that some members of this group are likely to have access to highly confidential data and I would therefore urge you to consider the matter of trust when looking for suitable candidates.
We need to have candidates of trust if we wish those candidates to take full part in the work of the DSSA.
Kindest regards,

Olivier