[NA-Discuss] Volunteer for DSSA WG
DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Fri Sep 2 13:14:37 UTC 2011
Eric Brunner-Williams has stepped down as one of North America's reps on the DSSA working group (https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/DSSA+WG+-+At-Large+Members). We had two reps on this working group - the other is John Levine who is now our ONLY rep.
Therefore, we are looking for SOIs from someone else from North America to participate in this working group along with John. Please see the e-mail thread below for qualifications for same. If you are interested in joining this group, please send your SOI to the NARALO list for consideration. Please note that even if you receive NARALO's backing to become a member of this group, NARALO can only nominate you. It is up to the ALAC to accept (or not) any nomination we forward to them.
I will keep the group posted on this and, depending on how many applications I receive, we can decide who to nominate.
Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Phone: (867) 975-5631
Fax: (867) 975-5610
E-mail: dthompson at gov.nu.ca<mailto:dthompson at gov.nu.ca>
From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond [mailto:ocl at gih.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:14 AM
To: Thompson, Darlene; Beau Brendler
Cc: ICANN AtLarge Staff
Subject: Fwd: ACTION: Call for RALO Volunteers for Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group open through 20 January
further to my earlier message, FYI - this message below contains the membership criteria for DSSA-WG.
May I please remind you that some members of this group are likely to have access to highly confidential data and I would therefore urge you to consider the matter of trust when looking for suitable candidates.
We need to have candidates of trust if we wish those candidates to take full part in the work of the DSSA.
-------- Message original --------
ACTION: Call for RALO Volunteers for Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group open through 20 January
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 17:41:40 -0800
Heidi Ullrich <Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org><mailto:Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org>
alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org> <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org><mailto:alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Copie à :
Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com><mailto:ocl at gih.com>, ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org><mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
On behalf of Olivier Crépin-Leblond, ALAC Chair, a call for volunteers from the RALOs to the Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis Working Group (DSSA WG) is being made through 20 January 2011.
The objective of the DSSA WG is to:
- Examine the level, frequency and severity of threats to the DNS
- Review the current efforts and activities intended to mitigate these threats; and
- Identify possible gaps in the current security response to DNS issues.
The ALAC endorsed the Charter of DSSA WG during the ICANN Meeting in Cartagena in December 2010 (the Charter is available on the Joint DSSA WG At-Large Workspace<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Joint+DSSA+WG+-+At-Large+Workspace?showChildren=false#children> available at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Joint+DSSA+WG+-+At-Large+Workspace?showChildren=false#children). As the GNSO and ccNSO have adopted the Charter and the NRO is in the process of adopting it, the ALAC is now calling for a volunteers from the RALOs to join the DSSA WG.
If you would like to become an At-Large representative of the DSSA WG, please note that the following membership criteria apply:
1) You should have knowledge or expertise of the objectives of the DSSA WG.
2) You should be prepared to actively participate in the activities of the WG on an on-going and long-term basis.
3) You should be prepared, if required, to sign a Formal Affirmation of Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure paper (see Annex B of the Charter) and/or a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The WG may decide to establish a sub-working group to access confidential or proprietary information. If you are interested in participating in such a sub-working group, you will most likely be required to sign one or both of the aforementioned agreements in order to ensure access to and protection of confidential information.
If you are interested in joining this Working Group, please send a Statement of Interest by Thursday, 20 January at 23:59 UTC to At-Large staff (staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>) containing the following information:
- Current vocation, employer and position
- Type of work performed
- Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in organizations that are interested parties in DSSA related topics
- Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in DSSA related topics. Are you representing other parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination/selection as a work group member.
- DSSA Working Group members are expected to demonstrate knowledge or expertise aspects of the objectives of the DSSA WG. Please identify any knowledge, expertise, or experience that you have that would be relevant to the work of the DSSA Working Group.
- Describe any tangible or intangible benefit that you receive from participation in such processes, for example, if you are an academic or non-governmental organization and use your position to advance your ability to participate, this should be part of the Statement of Interest, just as should employment by an organization that has an interest in DSSA Working Group outcomes.
The Statements of Interest will be posted on the DSSA Working Group website.
Olivier Crépin-Leblond, ALAC Chair, will serve as a co-chair of the DSSA Working Group. The ALAC would ideally like to have a minimum of one representative from each region serve on the DSSA Working Group.
The ALAC will review the Statements of Interest and formally select At-Large representatives to the DSSA Working Group during their meeting of 25 January 2011.
Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger, Seth Greene, Gisella Gruber-White, Marilyn Vernon,
ICANN At-Large Staff
More information about the NA-Discuss