[NA-Discuss] Fwd: "Domain Protection Racket" Promotion onNetwork Solutions Home Page

Richard Tindal richardtindal at me.com
Thu Sep 1 16:44:16 UTC 2011

Actually,  the word 'coffee' is trademarked in a variety of places.   In the US, for example,  there are thousands of federal trademarks that contain the word 'coffee', and several that solely consist of the term 'coffee'.

I understand the problem Garth is trying to solve,  a problem that focuses mainly on famous trademarks.     I'm not trying to detract from a solution to that problem --  just pointing out that
making rules for trademarks (especially when dealing with automated systems) is a very difficult thing as almost every word we use is trademarked somewhere.

Richard