[NA-Discuss] FW: [Secretariat] Letter of support for promoting non-English/non-Latinscripts in New gTLD Application Process

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Fri May 20 14:11:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am not an ALS rep, and just an individual member of an ALS but I do not think supporting this letter is a good idea.

I think we should concentrate on the issues related to supporting less well off groups getting an application for drastically reduced fees and with support than on a plan that predominantly supports  businesses who want to get multiple TLDs on the cheap so that they can corner the  raw resources of less developed economies - (TLDs in local languages and scripts) based on a single ASCII application.

I also think its claim that the expenses for ICANN would be the same is un substantiated.

So I do not have a vote, but I do hope you do not sign on to this letter.

a.