[NA-Discuss] DRAFT ALAC Response to GAC Scorecard

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun Mar 27 19:27:17 UTC 2011

On 27 Mar 2011, at 14:17, Carlton Samuels wrote:

> Reasonable people can agree to disagree, agreeably.  But I must insist, even
> vehemently, that I have long rejected the doctrine of inerrancy, whether
> propagated for or on behalf of the Bishop of Rome, the ICANN Board or, for
> that matter, the GNSO.

It is not a doctrine of inerrancy and to put it that way is quite dismissive.

There was a process, one that many At-large members participated in.
This process had an outcome that the Board then approved.
That is the foundation on which this program is being created,
and the time for criticizing that outcome that is long long past.

To constantly go back and try to change things that you did not prevail on several years ago or sometimes did not even a viewpoint on, and to use that as a way to put a halt to the beginning of the new gTLD program is indeed a problem and is something that I find a bit dubious.

a.