[NA-Discuss] Comment on GAC Scorecard (6.1.1)

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Mar 21 20:11:40 UTC 2011

Although it does raise the issue of how does one define "the full course" -
 a line has to be drawn somewhere, recognizing timeliness.

I note Bertrand's comments while voting on .xxx - that voting yes was the
best way to resolve the issue, as no would just put them back through the
same cycle.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:11 PM, J.D. Falk <jdfalk-lists at cybernothing.org>wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2011, at 6:40 AM, Joly MacFie wrote:
>
> > I like this one.
>
> +1
>

> > On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Danny Younger <dannyyounger at yahoo.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Proposed comment:
> >>
> >> With regard to GAC Scorecard point #6.1.1, the ALAC notes the divergent
> >> views expressed with regard to the issue of proof of trademark use and
> >> reminds the ICANN Board of the comment expressed by Lawrence E.
> Strickling,
> >> Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information at the U.S.
> >> Department of Commerce during ICANN’s Opening Ceremony:
> >>
> >> “Choosing between competing interests, rather than insisting on
> >> consensus, is destructive of the multistakeholder process because it
> >> devalues this incentive for everyone to work together.”
> >>
> >> The ALAC encourages the ICANN Board to (1) remind the community of the
> >> reciprocal obligation on all participants to work together to find
> >> solutions that most support and few who are actually impacted vigorously
> >> oppose; and (2) to stay a decision on this issue until such time as the
> >> consensus process has run its full course.
>
> --
> J.D. Falk
> Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email
> http://www.cauce.org/

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com