[NA-Discuss] Pre-registrations

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Jun 7 09:12:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

I agree with Avri here. It is not like they are charging anything for
the pre-registrations. From what I see these pre-registrations are in no
way binding and essentially only constitute an expression of interest by
the potential registrant that would allow the registrar to send him a
notice once the TLD becomes available. It seems to me to be more of a
tool to generate interest in new TLDs in general and to measure which
TLDs may generate enough interest to warrant the cost of implementation.

I do not really see the harm.

Volker Greimann