[NA-Discuss] NARALO ALAC Election

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Wed Jul 20 17:46:55 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Please note that it is also time for our annual ALAC election.  Please see two excerpts from our Rules of Procedure:

10. These members will serve for terms of two (2) years and may not serve more than two consecutive terms totaling more than 40 months. Each new ALAC member selected by the NARALO will be seated at the close of ICANN's annual meeting. ALAC members filling a vacancy will be seated immediately following their nomination. …

11. At least once a year, on or before the First of July, or whenever a vacancy arises, the NARALO shall issue a call for Statements of Interest from members of the North American Internet community to serve on the ALAC.  The call for Statements of Interest shall be open for at least 30 days. New ALAC members will be selected and announced sufficiently in advance of ICANN's annual meeting to allow them to be seated as required by Paragraph 10.

Gareth Shearman’s first full term has now come to a close.  He is still qualified to serve for one more term if he chooses to stand for election.  The Call for Statements of Interest is now open and will close on August 19, 2011.  If anyone is interested in this position, please send your SOI to the list.  An election will follow shortly after August 19, 2011.

My apologies for not catching the July 1 deadline but, fortunately, we still have plenty of time before the next meeting for this election process.

ᑕᓕᓐ ᑕᒻᓴᓐ
ᓄᓇᓕᖕᓂ ᖃᕆᓴᐅᔭᕐᕕᒋᔭᐅᔪᓐᓇᕐᑐᓄᑦ ᑎᑎᕋᖅᑎ
ᑮᓇᐅᔭᓕᕆᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᐅᓚᑦᑎᔨᒃᑯᑦ ᐱᔨᑦᑎᕋᖅᕕᖓᑦ
ᐃᓕᓐᓂᐊᕐᓂᓕᕆᔨᒃᑯᑦ
ᓄᓇᕗᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᖓᑦ
ᑎᑎᖅᑲᓂᐊᕐᕕᖓ 1000, ᐊᓪᓚᕝᕕᖓ 910
ᐃᖃᓗᐃᑦ, ᓄᓇᕗᑦ
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
ᐅᖄᓚᐅᑎ: 867 975-5631
ᓱᑲᑦᑐᒃᑰᕈᑎ: 867 975-5610

Taliin Taamsan
Nunalingni
Qaritauyani Atuqtauningitnun Titiraqtia Nunavut Kavamangat
Titiraqarvia 1000,
Nayugaa 910
Iqaluit, Nunavut
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
Hivayautik : 867 975-5631
Kayumiktuk : 867 975-5610

Darlene Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Corporate Services Division
Department of Education
Government of Nunavut
PO Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, Nunavut, X0A 0H0
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
Ph:   867 975-5631
Fax: 867 975-5610

Darlene Thompson
Administratrice du programme d’accès communautaire
Division des services ministériels
Ministère de l’Éducation
Gouvernement du Nunavut
Case postale 1000, Succursale 910