[NA-Discuss] FW: [Secretariat] At Large delegates to the 2012 Nominating Committee

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Tue Jul 12 13:45:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Please see e-mail chain below.  It is now time for us to put forward names for the Nominating Committee.  We have approximately one month to do so but should get going on this soon.

Does anybody wish to volunteer to have their name put forward or nominate someone?  Anybody interested needs to put together some kind of SOI detailing their abilities/commitment as detailed below.

Since Eduardo is leaving (great job Eduardo!) we need to find someone from our region for this.

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson at gov.nu.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: secretariat-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [mailto:secretariat-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:24 AM
To: secretariat at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: Re: [Secretariat] At Large delegates to the 2012 Nominating Committee

Hello all,

just to add to my message below, I was kindly reminded of the ICANN ByLaw:

XI-2.4.e
The ALAC shall, after consultation with each RALO, annually appoint five
voting delegates (no two of whom shall be citizens of countries in the
same Geographic Region, as defined according to Section 5 of Article VI
<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#VI-5>) to the Nominating
Committee.

So just confirming that RALO selections need to be sent to me,
emphasizing the "s" on "selections", which means that a RALO may put
forward more than one name if they so wish.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD