[NA-Discuss] Forward motion on the Egyptian Internet shutdown

Marc Rotenberg rotenberg at epic.org
Mon Jan 31 15:30:09 UTC 2011

I take Beau's point to be that it would be better if the statement
emerged from the RALO closest to the immediate problem.
But in some respects that could also lead to further politicization.
And the relevance for NA-RALO is clear -- one of key cyber security
proposals before the US Congress is the creation of an "Internet kill
switch."

This is why we should try to generalize: cutting off access to the
Internet  is not simply a regional problem.

Marc.