[NA-Discuss] Fwd: The Internet Society on Egypt’s Internet shutdown

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Mon Jan 31 04:06:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

I always have a problem with the expectations of people who me tell me what I surely can't expect.

True, there is no way to tell governments what they can and can't do in any circumstance, let alone routing.

But certainly I think ICANN can describe what sorts of behavior is and is not appropriate and certainly I think that allocation policy can look at taking such behaviors into account.

I am not sure what else I expect ICANN could do, but now that you mention it, it certainly seems worth investigating.

a.