[NA-Discuss] Geographic Regions Statement

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun Jan 30 03:52:18 UTC 2011

OK. In light of the deadlines (the end of the public comment period is
Sunday), I have drafted the NARALO statement as follows:

*NARALO finds that the current situation in this region is satisfactory but
encourages the work of other At-Large regions in which the current system
may be seen to require change.*

* We also support investigating way to increase the participation of
Indigenous populations, especially those whose cultural territory cuts
across regional boundaries. However, we would strongly oppose any regional
model (such as the ITU) that would amalgamate all of the Western Hemisphere
into a single "Americas" region. *

This seems to meet with the acceptance of everyone except one.

- Evan