[NA-Discuss] Geographic Regions Statement

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Fri Jan 28 02:34:34 UTC 2011

Evan,

Anyone can find insult if that is what they seek. I sought to explain
that there are aspects of ICANN's North America region that are
problematic. An indigenous government is lost to Europe. The largest
population of least assimilated Indians in the US is overlooked.

The discomfort is mutual, and the preference I first expressed was for
Greenland and Mexico to be included in "North America". Failing that,
as Olga pointed out at the Geographic Regions meeting in Cartagena,
Indians do at least as well in South America as in North America, and
a single region harms Indians less than partition.

Disagreement with you is a really high stakes thing. What is your real
issue with whether GL is in one region or another? Whether MX is in
one region or another?

Eric