[NA-Discuss] Geographic Regions Statement

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jan 27 23:27:29 UTC 2011

On 27 January 2011 15:25, Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net>wrote:

> There are Indians who see the Americas partitioned, and Indians who
> see the Americas as a whole. My preference is the latter, so I am in
> favor of a single region.

So let me get this straight. Your response to aboriginal
under-representation and insufficient geographical diversity ... is to
reduce representation and lessen geographical diversity?

This appears to make no sense.

I think I understand the principled stand you're trying to make, Eric, but
IMO you're not doing the cause of diverse any favours by arguing in favour
of amalgamation.

As they exist now, LACRALO and NARALO have very different "personalities",
both of which would IMO be significantly diminished in a process of forced
homogenization.

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
Em: evan at telly dot org