[NA-Discuss] NARALO input to the ALAC budget

Heidi Ullrich Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org
Fri Jan 21 23:05:41 UTC 2011

Hi Marc,

Last year At-Large carried out a major ALS survey in which 72 out of 122 At-Large Structures (ALSes) responded. This was a wide-ranging survey which covered such areas as details about the ALSes, policy and process issues (education and engagement ranked as high priorities) and barriers to participation.

The report on this survey is available at: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2264933/ALS_Survey_Analysis_2010-Dec-2010-draft-final.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1291581228000.

The 2010 ALS Survey workspace, which includes statistics and the individual regional analyses of the 2010 ALS Survey Working Group is available at: https://community.icann.org/display/ALSurvey/At-Large+Structure+2010+Survey+Workspace.

The 2009 survey focused only on requested topics and language needs for the At-Large Summit. The results of this survey available at: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/2265078/Poll%2520results%2520v2.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1283974362000.

A 2008 survey resulted in information on At-Large and ALAC issues of interest. The results are available at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Previous+Surveys+on+ALAC+Policy+Issues.

Regarding mechanisms to solicit user opinion, the bottom up process of the At-Large community serves as one means to collect user opinion (i.e., ALS -> RALO -> ALAC -> Board). Additionally, all of our At-Large community wiki pages have a comments function by which anyone can leave a comment on a specific issue. Finally, the vast majority of the At-Large mailing lists are open and public. Anyone can subscribe to the At-Large worldwide list and various regional and working group mailing lists.

Related to engagement and outreach, Work Team B of the At-Large Improvements project is focusing on At-Large participation. Their workspace is available at: https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/At-Large+Improvements+Work+Team+B.

Please let me know if you have additional questions on these issues.

Kind regards,
Heidi

Heidi Ullrich
Director for At-Large