[NA-Discuss] NARALO input to the ALAC budget

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Jan 21 22:51:47 UTC 2011

On 21 January 2011 17:37, Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net>wrote:

> Evan,
>
> Don't forget the cost of the signage for the booth, something that is
> bulky and hard to recover and re-use for each trade show, and the
> design cost for the signage, drapery, etc.

I've organized booths at dozens of shows and have exhibited at Comdex, Cebit
and elsewhere.

Those things are terrifically trivial; there are booth designs that minimize
that kind of cost. A remarkable amount of the materials are portable and
reusable if designed right.
I've frequently been able to take everything needed for a reasonably slick,
fully equipped 10x10 booth as checked luggage.

- Evan