[NA-Discuss] [ALAC] Fwd: Re: Draft letter to House Energy & CommerceCommittee

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Dec 14 23:52:02 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

thank you for your suggestions.

Cheryl: as this is an introductory letter, I thought a picture might
distract from the main message, but there are several links to the ALAC
& NARALO Web sites, so this should help. If we get enquiries for further
information, I suggest we use the picture in a 2nd wave of info.

Garth: At this point in time, it would be hard to point to specific
policy issues such as the Mexico summit statement (apart from the fact
that this is 2009 and we're pointing out the fact that Ms. Dyson's input
is obsolete, but I have now added a pointer to our correspondence page,
which includes all of our most recent statements, and more!

JJS: point well taken, and I totally agree with it so it is to keep in
mind for future messages... or even some parts of it added to the
current message. (yes, they made it just in time)

A version with amendments has been sent to Senator Rockefeller and I'll
forward the email to the ALAC and the NARALO lists in a moment.

I just wish to thank all of you for your quick response which has
greatly helped in drafting a letter in such a short time.

The question that now faces us, is whether, based on the discussions
that took place today at the House of Representatives:

<http://energycommerce.house.gov/hearings/hearingdetail.aspx?NewsID=9134>

NARALO and the ALAC should or should not send a similarly drafter letter
to Congressman Fred Upton, Chairman of the Committee on Energy and Commerce?

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD