[NA-Discuss] Pre-registration of gTLDs

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:25:11 UTC 2011

Um, I don't even know if a general 'caveat emptor' message from the ICANN
nabobs would be appropriate here.  Because I'm still struggling to
understand what is being bought.  And the price they're asking!

Reaching for a parallel, it's like waiting in line for 2 days at the Apple
store for that new Ipad to land......then you get to the counter and
sonofagun, they done run out!

IMHO, that behaviour demonstrates the sense of a small pet rock.  An ALAC
message, um,  I don't know.....to be honest, I just can't get excited about
this.

Up until now, it ain't like they say 'money for nothin' get your chicks for
free'.  If that were the offer and we didn't act to counter, the ALAC could
fairly be accused of misprision.

Maybe we ought not to get in the way of the...well, bless their precious
hearts. 'Life is short and brutish', goes the Book of Common Prayer. Who am
I to stand in the way of a fella getting his/her jollies...........

Carlton