[NA-Discuss] On the RAA issue - forwarded

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Mon Apr 25 10:32:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

The reason it might concern Internet Joe, is that what is being discussed among other things is Registrant  rights and responsibilities and User protections, both for commercial and non commercial Registrants and Users, i.e. both regular Internet Joe and his Mom and Pop  business;  that is largely what the RAA is about.

As for the Contracted House Postiion, I responded to that in a comment to blog entry.
http://www.circleid.com/posts/registrar_stakeholder_group_gnso_works_against_icann_multistakeholder/

Finally, when has any advisory committee, including ALAC, needed special leave to give advice to the Board, or as Kieren put it, to stick its oar in?  This is not a one side of the GNSO versus another part of the GNSO issue, though that is certainly where the last skirmish took place.  the At-large took part in the WG whose recommendations were ignored by the Council based on the Contracted party's voting position and the Registrar Stakeholder Group's decisions to not accept outside 'interference'.  This is an issue of the Contracted parties against the entire community.  To cast it as an internal GNSO issue is to diminish the importance of what is going on. It is a serious process issue that the Board needs to be advised about.

a.