[NA-Discuss] On the cost of application, and Joint Application Support related

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Apr 4 20:20:44 UTC 2011

On 4 April 2011 16:09, Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net>wrote:

> We could have ALAC recommends inflicting wicked high and purposeless costs
> on all applicants through a comment on the SSR-RT issues.
>
> We could have ALAC recommends avoiding inflicting wicked high and
> purposeless costs on all applicants through a comment on the SSR-RT issues.

Of the two choices my preference is for the latter.

> We could have NARALO recommends jacking up the prices on all scarce goods
> and services through mass synchronous demand.
>
> We could have NARALO recommends not jacking up the prices on all scarce
> goods and services and avoiding mass synchronous demand.

High school economics teaches that demand rises as prices drop, assuming a
certain amount of elasticity in demand.

If this is applicable here, shouldn't it follow that minimizing prices might
*increase* mass synchronous demand (as opposed to the result of artificial
price inflation)? If not, why? If so, what is our suggestion of a throttling
mechanism to deal with the increase in demand?

- Evan