[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Edits and comments to NARALO/ALAC position statement on GAC scorecard

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Apr 1 17:37:50 UTC 2011

> Yes,  I mean the currently constrained supply of attractive second level domains, from COM and other TLDs.
>
> the market is artificially constrained because there could be more extensions -- which would provide more second level choice.

For the 99.99% of Internet users who have never registered a domain and
never will, how does this market constraint affect them?

What benefits have consumers seen from .PRO, .TRAVEL, .AERO, and .JOBS?
Be sure to keep in mind that, to several decimal places, no consumer has
ever heard of them.  Or from .BIZ and .INFO, for which awareness is still
low but probably distinguishable from zero?

Regards,