[NA-Discuss] NARALO Teleconference 13 September at 1900 UTC
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Sep 10 15:42:28 UTC 2010
This is to remind of the NARALO call scheduled on Monday, 13 September at 1900 UTC.
You can find the draft agenda for this call under:
On Evan’s behalf of, we would like to draw your attention to the following two agenda items in particular:
1. At-Large Board Director Selection Process
Should the votes of the NARALO representatives in the At-Large Board Director election be "guided" by NARALO?
The application for the At-Large selected Board Director position ended on 6 September and the Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC) is currently reviewin the received candidatures. The final slate of candidates will be published in October. The electorate will be comprised of the 15 ALAC members and the 5 RALO Chairs. The RALOs have the option to poll their members and give voting instructions to their regional representatives for the election.
2. Draft Modifications of NARALO Rules of Procedure
During the NARALO call on 12 July two amendments to the NARALO RoP were discussed:
* unaffiliated NARALO members need to register by submitting a Statement of Interest.
* the voting weight of all unaffiliated NARALO members combined will be equal to that of one ALS representative.
During the NARALO call on 09 August, two additional points were raised:
* incorporate the position of unaffiliated NARALO member representative in the RoP. The representative will have one vote at the NARALO GA and online votes.
* the rules pertaining to the decision-making processes need to sufficiently flexible and should not be tied to one particular process such as online voting
In addition to the modifications outlined above, the draft modified RoP also includes the following suggested changes:
* reduce the number of ALS and unaffiliated member representatives participating to the GA and online votes from 2 to 1 to be consistent with past practice.
* make ALAC members eligible to serve for two FULL two-year terms.
* allow the NARALO Chair and the Secretariat to register as an unaffiliated member.
During the meeting on Monday, the participants to the call will be asked to reach consensus on the final wording. For the modifications to take effect, they need to be endorsed by no less than 70% of the active ALSes. It is suggested that online vote be held to poll the NARALO members on the modified RoP.
Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger, Seth Greene, Gisella Gruber-White, Marilyn Vernon, Kristina Nordström
ICANN At-Large Staff
More information about the NA-Discuss