[NA-Discuss] Funded Workshop Proposal
beaubrendler at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 12:48:41 UTC 2010
I think it's an excellent proposal, well-thought out. To the list of workshop items:
• whether the current process is amenable to gaming by registrars
• the risks to the consumer associated with Vertical Integration
• the possible re-emergence of the domain tasting phenomenon
• risks associated with the current lack of articulated graduated sanctions in the current Applicant Guidebook
• issues associated with the Independent Objector procedures
• the lack of any policy governing domain name speculation and/or warehousing by registrars
• front-running scenarios
• potential issues associated with pre-registration practices
I might add: safety and stability issues potentially incurred by new "holes" in the DNS opened by new gTLD operators.
As far as funding a workshop goes, I'm afraid I have no clue what money is available. Whatever is budgeted, though, should include a substantial amount for publicity, as you will want a strong attendance for a variety of reasons.
Lastly, should the money not be available, we could take the workshop items above and fashion them into a NARALO statement we could present (whether ALAC supports it or not)
>From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger at yahoo.com>
>Sent: Dec 9, 2010 12:28 AM
>To: na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
>Cc: beaubrendler at earthlink.net, langdonorr at gmail.com
>Subject: Funded Workshop Proposal
>Dear Beau and members of the NARALO:
>As I remain troubled by the consumer issues that may arise in conjunction with the launch of an unprecedented amount of new gTLDs, I have attached a proposal for your review.
>Feedback will be highly appreciated.
More information about the NA-Discuss