[NA-Discuss] Funded Workshop Proposal

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Thu Dec 9 12:02:54 UTC 2010

Danny,

It is early in the morning, pre-coffee, but I know you appreciate
prompt feedback, so I'm just looking at the topics, item 2, bullet
items of the final paragraph.

The list offered of topics the proposed workshop will consider is
somewhat backwards looking, that is, some of the topics of
consideration have been the subjects of past policy making efforts:

	o gaming by registrars
	o vertical integration
	o domain tasting
	o speculation and warehousing
	o front-running

I'd like to cover new ground before the actual transition to
delegation period is experienced for the cohort of new applications
that will affect North American users of the DNS and the North
American public interest.

Eric