[NA-Discuss] [At-Large] input to WSIS+20 comments sought

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Mon Mar 13 00:58:36 UTC 2023

On Mar 9, 2023, at 10:37 AM, Marita Moll via At-Large <at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> Colleagues, I will have 3 minutes in the WSIS+20 public forum on Wednesday to address the following question from an enduser perspective --
> How does your community explain what are the essentials to protect the global internet and to formulate a long-term vision that works for politicians. *Note that WSIS+20 is a UN process which is multilateral -- so working with political allies would be essential…. I would welcome any input.
> Marita

Addressing a similar WSIS question 18 years ago, I contributed the following to the online discussion.  I would submit that all 4 scenarios still remain dynamically in play …. and so developing a long-term vision that works for politicians depends on forming alliances with politicians committed to radical change in governance.

GG