[NA-Discuss] [At-Large] input to WSIS+20 comments sought

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 21:01:48 UTC 2023

This is a huge subject, one I often discuss with Evan and others that
requires a lot more inquiry for distillation of the cogent arguments you
will need for the 10 minutes you'll get to deliver. But be that as it is, a
big +1 to Vanda's.

Any evolution of this definition of IG I can see is a retrenchment. I would
advise fiddling with the aspirational goals even as we recognize we are far
from the end game. IMHO - and thinking like a politician -  it was not
meant to be realized on a 'now' timeline.

The struggle I see is to strike a balance between the influence and impact
of the several named groups of actors in the IG framework. As of now, it is
the pluperfect Animal Farm existence; 'all animals are equal but some are
more equal than others'.

Participation represents promoting ideas.  Equitable promotion means access
to all channels. When it comes to resources and with respect to
participation, the ensure representation is grossly under-resourced
resulting in dimmed voices and impact.

Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*