[NA-Discuss] ACCEPT Nomination: NOMCOM - Alfredo Calderon

Alfredo Calderon calderon.alfredo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 18:11:45 UTC 2023

Esteemed Staff and NARALO community,

I accept the nomination by Glenn Mcknight to the *ALAC Delegate to the
NomCom representing NARALO.*

*To acknowledge why I believe I can be a qualified Delegate to the NOMCOM I
submit the following statement.*

*++++++++*

I am submitting this statement to acknowledge why I believe I am qualified
to be a Delegate to the NOMCOM. I have had extensive experience in various
selection groups within ICANN, ISOC, and IEEE, which has prepared me to
effectively serve in this capacity.

At ICANN, I have been a member of the Fellowship Program Selection
Committee appointed by ALAC, and have served as a Coach/Mentor in the ICANN
Fellowship Program. During this time, I had the opportunity to work closely
with mentees to identify their expectations and interests in the different
communities within ICANN and determine where their professional experience
could better serve the Policy Development Process.

With the ISOC Foundation, I have served as an Evaluator in various rounds
of Beyond the Net (before revision), and for the past few years have served
on the Evaluation team for the Early Career and Mid-Career Programs. During
the COVID-19 pandemic, I also served as a reviewer for HAC/SIGHT Project
Proposals.

My experiences in these selection groups have been objective, with a clear
focus on procuring diverse and gender-balanced representatives in the
various bodies where I have done similar tasks. I have had a strong
relationship with other communities (ACs/SOs) since my involvement in
ICANN, which is a testament to my commitment to ensuring the Board of
Directors and different leadership positions meet the highest standards
proposed by each body.

Additionally, my experiences as an Academic Program Coordinator with the
work done in the editions of the North American School on Internet
Governance (NASIG) and the Virtual School on Internet Governance have given
me the capability to approach candidates to be recruited based on their
qualifications and experiences.

It is clear that as a NARALO delegate to the NomCom, I will be assuming a
role and duties that go beyond the community I represent and believe that I
have the skills to be objective and open to "deliver as required".

Working collaboratively is key in reaching a consensus to select the best
candidates to occupy a leadership position as indicated in the NOMCOM
charter. I shall be in a position to join monthly teleconferences and
understand that NomCom's workload increases significantly during the
candidate assessment process. Traveling and participating in ICANN Public
meetings and NomCom meetings when requested is not foreseen as an
impediment to satisfying my duties if appointed.

Lastly, thank you for considering me to serve as a Delegate to the NOMCOM
appointed by NARALO and ratified by ALAC.
Regards,

Alfredo Calderon

Alfredo Calderon
eLearning Consultant
https://aprendizajedistancia.blogspot.com
calderon.alfredo at gmail.com
| wiseintro.co/alfredocalderon
| Alfredo_1212
| Virtual School on Internet Governance
| https://virtualsig.org
<http://facebook.com/calderon.alfredo>
<http://pr.linkedin.com/in/acalderon52> <http://twitter.com/acalderon52>
<http://www.pinterest.com/acalderon/> <http://www.slideshare.net/acalderon>
<http://twitter.com/virtualschoolIG> <http://wiseintro.co/alfredocalderon>

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.

Create your own email signature
<https://www.wisestamp.com/create-own-signature/?utm_source=promotion&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=create_your_own&srcid=>