[NA-Discuss] RECORDED / REVISED/RÉVISÉ/REVISAD: 2018 Call for Nominations for At-Large Leadership Positions

Yesim Nazlar yesim.nazlar at icann.org
Tue Apr 24 07:54:01 UTC 2018

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your acceptance of the nomination is now recorded.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Yeşim Nazlar

From: NA-Discuss <na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Jonathan Zuck <JZuck at innovatorsnetwork.org>
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 8:35 AM
To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>, NA-Discuss <na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] REVISED/RÉVISÉ/REVISAD: 2018 Call for Nominations for At-Large Leadership Positions

I accept. I’ll get to work on SOI and statement.
Jonathan

From: NA-Discuss <na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
Date: Monday, April 23, 2018 at 10:10 PM
To: NA-Discuss <na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>

I nominate Jonathan Zuck for the NARALO ALAC seat.

Alan

At 23/04/2018 08:31 PM, ICANN At-Large Staff wrote:

Dear All,

Please note the revisions in red regarding the NomCom Delegate.

On behalf of Alan Greenberg, Chair of the ALAC, we would like to announce that the 2018 call for nominations is now open for positions to be filled as ALAC Members, RALO Leaders and ALAC Delegates to the NomCom.

Positions Open:

Please refer to the 2018 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments Workspace<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_2018-2BALAC-2Band-2BRALO-2BElections-252C-2BSelections-2Band-2BAppointments&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PF9VKOo4nYMGLTtWcHZZreauv03rE96xienOw4tThw4&m=m3sJ1Gpl7ws7H7Ywk8lOO7CHUfomHh1m0DRTQvzg4qs&s=jUIT1QsGI5SeaDuZBGFqEFjxYJw1nb7QSKFtpztPl4Q&e=> for a comprehensive list of all available positions and whether current holders of the positions are eligible for re-selection.

Terms:
·         ALAC: Terms for the ALAC will run from the end of the 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) to the end of the 2020 AGM.
·         RALO Leadership: Terms for the RALO Leadership will be as noted on the individual RALO election pages. All terms will start at the end of the 2018 AGM.
·         ALAC Delegates to the NomCom: Voting members of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, starting at the close of the 2018 AGM and ending at the close of the 2019 AGM and may be re-appointed for a further term of one year subject to the requirement under the ICANN Bylaws<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_governance_bylaws-2Den-23XI-2D2.4e&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PF9VKOo4nYMGLTtWcHZZreauv03rE96xienOw4tThw4&m=LXMTABfjR3UEsB0XKg_EwG9Rgl0HQEBVPnhhdSx5jq4&s=oz7VarKj2hxjAOH3mhPNCUM5wP_IhP_X5evmAgTcvuY&e=>. Each RALO may make one or more recommendations for the consideration of the ALAC. The criteria for NomCom Delegates are shown at the end of this message.

Selection Schedule for ALAC Members, RALO Leadership, and ALAC Delegates to the NomCom:

  *   23 April 2018 -  Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.
  *   23 April – 4 May 2018 - Nomination period.
  *   11 May 2018 - Deadline for nomination acceptances.
  *   14 May – 17 May - Calls with the candidates if desired by the RALOs. 18 May - 24 May 2018 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).
  *   2018 AGM [ ICANN 63] - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the end of the 2018 AGM following the close of the Board Meeting on 25 October 2018.
 Process for Nominations:

All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate to At-Large staff<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>.  All nominees must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_At-2DLarge-2BNew-2BSOIs-2BWorkspace&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PF9VKOo4nYMGLTtWcHZZreauv03rE96xienOw4tThw4&m=LXMTABfjR3UEsB0XKg_EwG9Rgl0HQEBVPnhhdSx5jq4&s=qSwDx4-AsGWywWNjffWihqdXTgSZIiBmXP_Zhh5Wjos&e=>).

Nominations, including self-nominations must be made directly to their RALO’s mailing list, as well as posted to the 2018 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments Workspace<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_atlarge_2018-2BALAC-2Band-2BRALO-2BElections-252C-2BSelections-2Band-2BAppointments&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PF9VKOo4nYMGLTtWcHZZreauv03rE96xienOw4tThw4&m=m3sJ1Gpl7ws7H7Ywk8lOO7CHUfomHh1m0DRTQvzg4qs&s=jUIT1QsGI5SeaDuZBGFqEFjxYJw1nb7QSKFtpztPl4Q&e=> or by sending a note to At-Large staff<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>.