[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Save the Date: Indigenous Connectivity Summit

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Sep 7 21:19:35 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Buell <buell at isoc.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 3:52 PM
Subject: Save the Date: Indigenous Connectivity Summit
To: Indigenous Connectivity Summit <ics at isoc.org>

*Indigenous Connectivity Summit*

*Save the date: November 8 to 9, 2017*

The Internet is a hallmark of human innovation, but many Indigenous
communities lack basic connectivity. Internet access is increasingly a
lifeline to health, education and economic development for rural and remote
Indigenous communities across North America. No-one should be left behind.

You are needed at the* Indigenous Connectivity Summit* at Hotel Santa
Fe on *November
8 to 9, 2017 *in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Conference attendance is free. Stay
tuned for pre- and post-conference announcements.

The *Indigenous Connectivity Summit* will showcase success stories of
Indigenous community networks in Canada, the United States and around the
globe to help find solutions to bridge the digital divide. We’ll explore
the issues and themes around community network development and
sustainability in a two-day series of panels, presentations and
discussions.

*Who should participate?*

We need everyone on board. The *Indigenous Connectivity Summit* will gather
community network managers/operators, Indigenous-owned Internet service
providers, community members, youth, researchers, policy makers, and
Indigenous leadership to join the conversation. We’ll discuss ways to
ensure Alaska Native, Native American, Inuit, First Nations, and Métis
communities have affordable, high-quality and sustainable Internet access,
and how it can support social, cultural, and economic vitality.

*Stay tuned for more details about the event and how to participate online.
Updates will be posted here:
https://www.internetsociety.org/events/indigenous-connectivity-summit
<https://www.internetsociety.org/events/indigenous-connectivity-summit> *

For more information, please contact ics at isoc.org.

Note there are sponsorship opportunities available. If you are interested
in sponsoring the Indigenous Connectivity Summit, please contact me or
visit https://www.internetsociety.org/events/indigenous-connectivity-summit/
sponsorship-brochure.

*The Indigenous Connectivity Summit is an initiative of the Internet
Society, the Internet Society New Mexico Chapter, the 1st-Mile Institute,
and the Community Learning Network. *

Mark Buell

Regional Bureau Director, North America

Internet Society

Follow us on Twitter! @isoc_na <https://twitter.com/ISOC_NA>

Skype: mark_at_isoc

www.isoc.org

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast