[NA-Discuss] Congrats

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun May 28 18:54:40 UTC 2017

On 28 May 2017 at 14:34, Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com> wrote:

> the  NOMCOM  goes through a secondary stage of assessment from ALAC.   Our
>  NARALO
> ​ ​
> vote resulted in  the   NARALO majority  recommending Leah Symekher to
> the ALAC as the Delegate to the Nominating Committee for the period of
> one year beginning at the end of the ICANN60 Meeting in November 2017.
> Note that ALAC  looks at both candidates in coming up with their final
> decision .

​There needs to be a compelling reason for the ALAC to not endorse the
elected recommendation from a region. Such a rejection is (and should be)
rare, and I can't recall it ever happening.

> Not absolutely sure when ALAC makes their decision.  I will ask Alan
> Greenberg for timelines.  I assume it's at the next ALAC meeting.

​Typically, the ALAC holds a single vote to endorse the recommended NomCom
representatives from all regions at once. It is usually done at the first
ALAC meeting held after all regional elections are done.​

​- Evan​