[NA-Discuss] NARALO alternate voter for the At-Large selection to the ICANN Board

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Jan 17 17:44:41 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I appreciate the support from those of you who responded to my interest in
doing this.

To answer the yet-unasked question of what I would do if picked:

I haven't made up my mind yet who I would vote for. I have worked closely
with both Alan and Leon and believe them BOTH to be highly skilled,
committed and competent people who have served At-Large well. Based on what
I know to date, either would be a useful and productive member of the ICANN
Board. I really wish both could be there.

If chosen I would take it upon myself to study all of the submissions and
campaign material at hand, and will have questions ready for the candidates
if my concerns are not covered in that material.

I will state upfront that the focus of my research and questioning (and
eventually my choice) will be on strength of DNS privacy and gTLD expansion
policies, and how each candidate approaches the issue of "global public
trust in ICANN"  -- this is IMO the most critical (At-Large-focused) issue
for the future Board.

That's the approach I would take. Thank you.

- Evan