[NA-Discuss] SFBay ISOC Event Invitation: The EFF presents on Internet Shadow Regulation

Leah Symekher leahs at isc.org
Mon Nov 14 21:22:01 UTC 2016

You are invited to the final San Francisco Bay Area ISOC Chapter event
of the year hosted by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) in San
Francisco on November 16, 2016 at 5:30PM PST.

Our keynote speakers from the EFF, Mr. Mitch Stoltz, Senior Staff
Attorney and Mr. Jeremy Malcolm, Senior Global Policy Analyst will be
presenting on the *Shadow Regulation Project *that is taking a fresh
look at private agreements to regulate internet use and content.
Specifics will discuss the regulation of Internet content through ICANN
and the domain name system (DNS), private "hate speech" regulation by
Internet platforms, agreements by Internet service providers to police
intellectual property infringements by their users, and agreements in
the payment industry.

We look forward to seeing you at this lively evening event in person or
via livestream;

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sf-bay-area-isoc-chapter-event-shadow-regulation-tickets-28750512557

https://livestream.com/internetsociety/SFBayISOC/
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/SFBayISOC/>