[NA-Discuss] Reminder-Seeking Regional Advice for a New ALS--The North Carolina Internet Society Chapter

Joly MacFie president at isoc-ny.org
Thu Jun 16 06:40:29 UTC 2016

While I have no objections, I did ask questions earlier about identity,
just because I was a little confused. Apparently RTP and NC are used
interchangeably.

Then there was the website. Essentially the ISOC wp template, with not a
lot else - stuff like
http://www.isoc-rtp.org/homepage_slide/state-of-the-internet-in-north-carolina/

And the other public presence - the facebook page - similarly bare-boned
https://www.facebook.com/isocnc/

To their credit I do see that last week they were a bronze sponsor of the
recent NCTech4Good Conference http://www.nct4g.org/

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Leah Symekher <leahs at isc.org> wrote:

> +1
> Leah Symekher
> SFBay ISOC Chapter
>

> On 6/15/16 7:11 PM, Gordon Chillcott wrote:
>
>> We would welcome the North Carolina ISOC Chapter as a NARALO ALS.
>>
>> Gordon Chillcott
>>
>> Greater Toronto Area Linux Users Group
>>

>> On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 13:05 -0400, Judith Hellerstein wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> This is just a reminder that we do need to know from each of your
>>> ALSes whether you agree or not to have the North Carolina ISOC Chapter
>>> join NARALO as an ALS. The deadline is this Friday. They are a fairly
>>> new ISOC Chapter and do not have much in the way of events that they
>>> have done, but in our talks with them before they had applied to be an
>>> ALS they seem to be committed to supporting individual Internet users'
>>> and we think would make a good addition to NARALO. It is for this
>>> reason that we had encouraged them to apply to be an ALS within
>>> NARALO.  Lynden Price is the main contact and the Alternate is Cesar
>>> Campos.
>>>
>>> I look forward to hearing from you with any comments.  So far we have
>>> not heard from anyone on whether we should accept this group as a  new
>>> ALS. I am not sure how I should interpret your silence. Is it
>>> acceptance or not. I look forward to hearing from you
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Judith
>>> Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
>>> Hellerstein & Associates
>>> 3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
>>> Phone: (202) 362-5139  Skype ID: judithhellerstein
>>> E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com   Website: www.jhellerstein.com
>>> Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
>>> Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)
http://isoc-ny.org          218 565 9365