[NA-Discuss] IGF USA

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:36:27 UTC 2016

Hi  Folks

We  will have a major force at the  IGF  USA.     David  Vvorst,(
Organizer),  Judith Hellerstein, Seth Reiss,  Louis Houle and myself
Glenn McKnight  will be attending.  David, Judith and myself are volunteers
at the event with  David do alot of the heavy lifting.   We have supported
the event with  Evan attending the first year sponsored by  ISOC  Canada
and  this year we have  Louis and Seth sponsored by CROPP

Pictures of last  year's event

<goog_417675984>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/glennmcknight/albums/72157655885807746

On *Thursday July 14 2016* the*USA Internet Governance Forum (IGF-USA)*
<https://www.igf-usa.org/igf-2016/> will be held in *Washington DC*.
Thought leaders from civil society, industry, academia, and government will
meet in a multistakeholder effort to illuminate issues and cultivate
constructive discussions about the future of the Internet. Speakers
include: *Catherine A. Novelli* – Under Secretary of State & Senior
Coordinator for International Information Technology Diplomacy; *Lawrence
E. Strickling* – Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information and
Administrator, National Telecommunications and Information Administration,
U.S. Department of Commerce; *Ambassador Daniel A. Sepulveda* – U.S.
Coordinator for International Communications and Information Policy, U.S.
Department of State; *Lee Rainie* – Director of Internet, Science and
Technology Research, Pew Research Center; and *David Farber*, Adjunct
Professor of Internet Studies and Distinguished Career Professor of
Computer Science and Public Policy, School of Computer Science, Carnegie
Mellon University. The entire event, including three breakout tracks, will
be webcast on the *Internet Society Livestream Channels
<https://www.igf-usa.org/igf-usa-2106-live-video/>*and *Facebook Live
<https://www.facebook.com/InternetGovernanceForumUSA/>*. There will be live
captions available.

*What: USA Internet Governance Forum (IGF-USA)
<https://www.igf-usa.org/igf-2016/>Where: Washington DCWhen: Thursday July
14 2016 8:30am-6:30pm EDT | 12:30-22:30 UTC*

*Program: https://www.igf-usa.org/igf-usa-2016-program/
<https://www.igf-usa.org/igf-usa-2016-program/>Webcast:
https://www.igf-usa.org/igf-usa-2106-live-video/
<https://www.igf-usa.org/igf-usa-2106-live-video/>*