[NA-Discuss] US Territories

Alfredo Calderon calderon.alfredo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 10:39:49 UTC 2015

Glenn:

Thank you for sharing a great summary of the reality of U.S. Territories.  Precisely, here in Puerto Rico we ave been having many dialogues among ISOCPR constituents on how equality in treatment when dealing with grant submission occurs. Puerto Rico is a great example when we talk about who we are representing in ISOC versus ICANN.

When we apply for grants and fellowships it is sometimes difficult to give a reality check to those seeing us as U.S. citizens without the full stnading (rights) as "continental" citizens.

Great point made when some see us as "inmigrants" in U.S. when we actually have a U.S . passport that states that we are "American citizens", and by the way "not national - but full american citizens".

Again, thanks for sharing...

Sent from my "iPad Air"

Alfredo Calderón
Email: calderon.alfredo at gmail.com