[NA-Discuss] NARALO 2015 CALL For Nominations vor Various Elected/Selected Positions

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Apr 14 01:03:37 UTC 2015

On 13 April 2015 at 19:50, Darlene Thompson <thompson.darlene at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> 8.
> ​[...]
>  The person(s) fulfilling the function of
> ​ ​
> Secretariat to the NARALO shall be ineligible to simultaneously serve as
> ​ ​
>> the Chair of the General Assembly.
>

> https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+Operating+Principles+NA-2007-1-1+Revision+1
>
> I believe this should be addressed immediately.  I cannot believe that we
> ​ ​
> cannot get someone to substitute into one or the other role (not me) so
> ​ ​
> that one person doesn't have to shoulder the entire burden and for other
> ​ ​
> very good reasons.

​Um, exactly what has been contravened? Exactly what needs to be addressed?

Until today, during Garth's leave of absence I have been serving as Acting
Chair, and Judith has served as Acting Secretariat. This is hardly news, we
served these roles at the Singapore meeting. Judith has had the full
confidence and support of both Garth and myself during this time.

As of today, in light of Garth's return from leave combined with my
resignation, Garth is again Chair and Judith remains as Acting Secretariat.
The two of them will be acting in those capacities in Buenos Aires and,
failing unexpected change, will continue to fulfill those roles until the
AGM in Dublin.

There has not been a time this year in which a single person was burdened
with both tasks.​ Perhaps you may have missed some of the past process
where this had been discussed.

- Evan