[NA-Discuss] NARALO participant in the 2015-2019 At-Large Review

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Apr 6 00:29:15 UTC 2015

There is no formal description. The Working Party (WP) will be
overseeing the At-Large Review which will be starting shortly and
will likely go one for over a year, possibly well over. There is a
presentation on the review which references the WP on the page that
Evan pointed to.

The WP is led by Holly with me and Cheryl (as a past ALAC Chair and
the person who played a very large role in the last At-large review),
plus, for each RALO, one ALAC member and one other person named by
the RALO Chair.

The last review focused exclusively on the ALAC, and it is expected
that the RALOs and ALSes will be a main focus of the forthcoming
review (but the ALAC too will be included to a lesser or greater
extent. The intent of the review is to verify the that At-Large is
fit-for-purpose and to propose improvements as necessary. The review
will be conducted by an external consultant in coordination with the WP.

The people on this group are expected to have a very deep knowledge
of At-Large. Their first task will be to create a survey to be taken
by members of the community, both within and outside At-Large.

The WP concept was originalted by the GNSO when they started the
fires review of the current series last year. You can find more
information at
https://community.icann.org/display/GR2/Working+Party+Background+Information
and http://gnso.icann.org/en/drafts/gnso-review-06may14-en.pdf.

Alan